Implementation proposal of Mars GNSS
Abstract. The aim of this paper is to describe the proposal for the implementation of a possible global navigation satellite system for planetary exploration systems on Mars.
The implementation of the system is divided into several individual phases. Each phase will need to be carried out separately by the responsible institution or research body. System FATIMA will serve as a universal system for positioning, navigation, and time services on Mars and will open the door for future human exploration of this planet. The planetary and GNSS research related to this work is being conducted in the Faculty of Aeronautics of the Technical University of Kosice, Slovakia (EU).
A research paper published as a contribution to Proceedings of the 4th International Scientific Conference of Ph.D. Students and Young Scientists and Researchers (link). Faculty of Aeronautics of Technical University of Kosice, Slovakia, European Union, 2015.
Proceedings publication July 2015.
DOWNLOAD the proceedings online here
Keywords: GNSS, planetary exploration systems, Mars, satellite navigation system for Mars, system FATIMA
Author: Dr. Jozef Kozar * (author’s profile here)
* Faculty of Aeronautics of Technical University of Kosice & Science Mars Journal
Related articles on this blog:
- The documentary movie’s behind the scenes (Mars GNSS FATIMA)
- Analysis of the extreme locations on Mars (ALEXA)
- Satellite navigation system for Mars (project: GNSS FATIMA)
- Cartographic requirements for Mars GNSS FATIMA (Abstract)
- Implementation proposal of Mars GNSS
- Navigation and positioning errors caused by natural conditions on Mars (research of GNSS for Mars)
- Natural influences on Mars navigation systems
- Computer simulations in space and planetary exploration systems development
RESEARCH PAPERS for the project (GNSS for Mars): Continue here
I am sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let me improve this post!
Tell me how I can improve this post?