My lectures schedule 03/2017 (information for students)
In March 2017 I am giving lectures at Technical University of Kosice – Faculty of Aeronautics.
The topic of the lectures is Mars Exploration, within the subject Space Technology.
The schedule is below:
Mars – Introduction + Why do we study this planet? [March 7, 2017]
- where is Mars located
- orbital parameters
- surface, atmosphere, water, weather
Mars – Trajectories to Red Planet [March 14, 2017]
- trajectories of flight to Mars
- return trajectories from Mars
- landing on surface of Mars
- orbital insertion of spacecraft to orbit around Mars
- satellites, navigation and positioning on Mars
- orbital missions
Missions of robotic spacecrafts to Mars [March 21, 2017]
- early Mars missions (competition in Cold War era)
- the first advanced orbital missions
- the first attempts to land on surface of Mars
- Mars robotic exploration “rennaissance”
- the first advanced surface missions with complex research systems
- present missions (surface and orbital)
- missions of near future
Future manned missions to Mars and futuristic concepts [March, 28, 2017]
- where we are now in Mars exploration and where we see our next steps
- technology of landing of manned mission to Mars
- concepts of Martian base
- necessary requirements of manned mission
- important aspects of mission to Mars
- landing, fly-by or orbital mission?
- return from Mars to Earth
- why do we need location service and precise positioning for manned mission at Mars?
- vision of the first possible attempt to fly with astronauts to Mars
Where: Faculty of Aeronautics, Department of Avionics, Technical University of Kosice
Lectures above will be in Slovak language, but there is a possibility to consult in English.
The content of the lectures may be updated, so please keep checking the list in case you are interested.
I am sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let me improve this post!
Tell me how I can improve this post?